This warming, zingy soup will liven up any meal! Sweet potatoes contain high amounts of the immune boosting antioxidants vitamin A and beta-carotene. Add this to ginger’s health boosting properties and you’ve got a delicious soup that is great for your taste buds AND your health.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 30ml olive oil
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 5g fresh root ginger, grated
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1½ litres chicken or vegetable stock
- 150ml organic Greek yogurt
- 15ml soy sauce
- 15ml maple syrup
- Juice of ½ lime
- Place the oil and onions in a large plan, and cook them until they begin to soften.
- Add the ginger and stir until it begins to release its fragrance.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes and mix to combine all the ingredients.
- Add the chicken or vegetable stock and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Using a hand held blender or soup-wand, blend the soup until it is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the soy sauce, maple syrup, lime juice and yogurt.
- Season to taste.
- Serve on its own or with a slice of wholegrain bread.