This lemon and coriander hummus is great as a dip or added to pitta breads for a healthy sandwich.
- 1 x 400g can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained (reserve a few chickpeas for decoration)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 or 3 tablespoons water (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- Juice from half a large lemon
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Place the chickpeas in a food processor with the tahini, crushed garlic, sea salt and lemon juice.
- Turn on the food processor and while it’s running slowly pour in the olive oil.
- If you find the mixture too thick, add 2 or 3 tablespoons of water and process until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Once the mixture is smooth, fold in the coriander leaves and stir well to combine.
- Spoon the hummus into a bowl and decorate with a drizzle of olive oil, a few chickpeas and a sprig of coriander.