This quick and easy, healthy mash makes a delicious side-dish to a hearty stew.
- 1kg potatoes (for a smooth mash opt for Russet potatoes; if you prefer more texture, try Yukon varieties)
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary (you can use other herbs such as oregano, chives, sage or thyme)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into quarters.
- Place the pieces in a large pot with the garlic cloves. Cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender (10-20 minutes depending on the size).
- Drain, then mash the potatoes and garlic using a potato masher or hand held blender.
- Stir in the olive oil, rosemary, pepper and salt.
- Serve as a side dish and enjoy with your favorite dinner!