This colorful salad delivers a healthy dose of brain-loving essential fatty acids and vitamins. What’s more, it’s a perfect choice if you’re reducing your carbohydrate intake.
- 6 big handfuls kale
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 x 150g salmon fillets
- 2 x limes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- A sprinkle dried oregano
- Place the salmon fillets in foil with a squeeze of lime juice and a sprinkle of dried oregano. Gather up the foil into a parcel and place on a baking tray.
- Place this in a preheated oven at 200C for 15 to 20 minutes
- While your salmon is cooking, prepare the kale by removing any stems, and washing it thoroughly.
- Place the kale in a bowl with the juice of a lime and the olive oil, and begin to massage this into the leaves. After a minute or two you’ll notice the leaves becoming softer. Massaging the olive oil and lemon juice into the kale removes any bitterness and makes it easier to digest.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes and add them to the now tender kale.
- Place the baked salmon on top and enjoy a brain-friendly meal that’s also great for your waistline!