Whether you have a cold or not, this recipe will warm you up, soothe your throat, and boost your wellbeing.
- 1 thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Hot water
- Grate or finely chop the ginger and place it in your favorite mug.
- Add the lemon juice, honey, cinnamon and turmeric and stir to combine.
- Pour in the water, give it another stir to make sure the honey is melted.
- Settle on a comfortable sofa and enjoy!
Extra benefits: Honey has antibacterial properties; turmeric is from the same family as ginger and has anti-inflammatory effects; cinnamon is antimicrobial.