Now you know about the healing properties of some of nature’s medicines, why not incorporate them into your diet? These recipes have been designed to deliver both nutrition and flavor, and are guaranteed to put a spring in your step.
Cinnamon Honey Fruit Bowl
Start your day right with this delicious and nutritious breakfast bowl. The combination of sweet fruit and protein from the yogurt and nuts will deliver a burst of energy and keep you satisfied till lunchtime. Cinnamon keeps blood sugar levels stable, which in turn will help you manage your appetite. This recipe is a great way to make fruit more appealing — even your children will love it!
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 1 apple
- 2 pomegranates
- 100g red grapes (You can substitute the above for any other fruit, to suit your tastes)
- 200ml Greek yoghurt
- 50ml Mānuka honey
- 1.5g ground cinnamon
- Handful of almonds, or other nuts of your choice, chopped
- Cut and de-seed the pomegranates, chop the apple and halve the grapes. Divide the mixed fruit among 4 small bowls.
- Mix together the yogurt, honey and cinnamon, and spoon over the fruit.
- Sprinkle the chopped almonds over the top… Devour!
Tip: Manuka honey is packed with health boosting phenols.References