Cardamom Spiced Chai recipe for 4 persons
- 2 tbsp black tea
- 4 cardamom cloves (or 1 tsp ground cardamom)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cloves
- 3 star anise
- 600 ml milk or plant milk (rice, almond, oat, hemp are all great-tasting alternatives)
- 350 ml water
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- (optional) A little honey or maple syrup to sweeten
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Give it a stir and place on medium heat. Gently bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-13 minutes to allow the flavors to infuse.
- Strain and serve with a little honey for some extra sweetness.