Garlic infused oil is an easy way of including this healthy ingredient in your diet. Better yet, making garlic oil is simple!
- 4 – 8 garlic cloves (to taste)
- 500ml olive oil or other oil
- Finely chop as many or as few garlic cloves as you like; depending how strong you want the flavor to be.
- Heat up the chopped cloves in the oil of your choice, until it becomes translucent and opaque. Make sure you don’t overheat the oil as this can create carcinogenic compounds: heat gently.
- Allow to cool and place in a glass jar or bottle.
- You can store the garlic infused oil for up to two weeks.