Beauty Recipe: Natural Skin Soothing Cream with Coconut Oil
- ½ cup unrefined organic coconut oil
- ¼ cup organic shea butter
- 2 or 3 drops of essential oil (optional)
- Place the Shea butter and coconut oil in a bowl over a bain-marie.
- Ensure the heat is low so that the oil and butter melt slowly (high heat can destroy the beneficial compounds in the oil)
- Once they have melted together, remove from the heat, stir, and allow to cool.
- Place in a sterile glass jar to store.
- If you want to include extra goodness, add a few drops of essential oil after the mixture has cooled a little and is still liquid. Lavender oil is relaxing and soothing, while lemon or tea tree oils are refreshing and uplifting. All three have antibacterial properties.